Biocompatible ceramic materials are not a new concept, having been around since the 1970’s, however, the technology has greatly expanded. Now, with the ability to seal a root canal with the calcium silicate, endodontists can apply the technology to their practice with considerable success. The Bioceramic Sealer or BC Sealer® utilizes moisture naturally present in dentinal tubules to initiate its setting reaction.
At Glendale Endodontics & Microsurgery, we offer the Bioceramic Sealer in Glendale, California, to our patients, which allows for a much easier and smoother root canal therapy. Studies show the incidences of root canal retreatments have been drastically reduced with the creation of the sealer. There are several benefits to utilizing the Bioceramic Sealer that include:
- Superior to previous materials used for sealers
- Anti-bacterial so it reduces the chances of needing a root canal retreatment – the BC Sealer killed all bacteria within 2 minutes of contact, and had the strongest antibacterial activity, continuing to be effective for 7 days after mixing and setting.
- No shrinkage, so not a problem with gaps
- Highly alkaline
- Bonds chemically to dentin and bioceramic points
- Less leakage and more durable bond strength
This award-winning technology is available through our office with our endodontist, Dr. David Abdelmalak, so we welcome you to contact us for more information about Bioceramic Sealer in Glendale, California, today!